By Serge Ricard
- Revitalizes and internationalizes scholarship in this most well-liked and highly-rated American president
- Covers many facets of Roosevelt’s character and his regulations, family and overseas, to create an entire photograph of the man
- Provides scholarship from each side of the Atlantic, from tested Roosevelt specialists, revered students, and a brand new new release of historians
- A new and clean historiographical exploration of Roosevelt’s lifestyles and concepts, political profession and achievements, and his legacies
Read Online or Download A Companion to Theodore Roosevelt (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best biographies of presidents & heads of state books
While he was once elected President in 1845, James ok. Polk was once simply forty nine years old-at that point the youngest president ever to be elected. He confronted a conflicted kingdom at the verge of super territorial enlargement. James ok. Polk's 4 years in place of work marked the best interval of territorial acquisition within the historical past of the country-what ny journalist John O'Sullivan termed because the 'Manifest future' of the U.S. to extend around the continent.
Theodore Roosevelt is likely one of the such a lot interesting and written-about presidents in American history—yet the main poignant story approximately this larger-than-life guy hasn't ever been instructed. greater than a century has handed in view that Theodore Roosevelt was once within the White condominium, yet he nonetheless keeps to fascinate. by no means has a extra exuberant guy been our nation's chief.
Gordon S. wooden provides the ultimate quantity in his definitive three-volume version of the writings of a superb American Founder. A strong polemicist, insightful political theorist, and tireless diplomat, John Adams (1735–1826) was once an essential and debatable determine through the early years of the yank republic.
Over the process greater than six many years as an writer, journalist, and professor, Max Lerner studied and assessed many presidents, but Thomas Jefferson obtained his such a lot sustained awareness. To Lerner, Jefferson got here closest within the American context to Plato's "philosopher-king," the correct philosopher and chief.
- Lincoln and His World: Prairie Politician, 1834-1842: Voilume 2
- The Stalin Cult (Yale-Hoover Series on Authoritarian Regimes)
- Lincoln as Hero (Concise Lincoln Library)
- Lincoln's Other White House: The Untold Story of the Man and His Presidency
- Millard Fillmore: The American Presidents Series: The 13th President, 1850-1853
- Herdsman to Statesman: The Autobiography of Jamsrangiin Sambuu of Mongolia
Extra info for A Companion to Theodore Roosevelt (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to Theodore Roosevelt (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Serge Ricard